Silence on the third floor?

After visiting the library for the last year and a half, I was pretty sure that there was nothing there that I hadn’t seen. That was until I started to really explore. The library has a lot of character if you look close enough. You can still see that it used to be a railway goods warehouse, before it was officially the University of Lincoln’s Library. On the third floor I found  what appeared to be an engine suspended above the book cases.

site 1

Whilst on the third floor, I stopped to look around at the people and listen to what was happening around me. After the question was posed “is there ever really any silences?” I noticed that even on the silent floor there was not. I recorded what I saw and was very interested in the idea of there always being some kind of noise as long as people are around.

I think after exploring the library, I realised that just because I had been there more times then I could count, that does not mean that I really noticed anything while I was there. It is an interesting site to me as it has so much knowledge and history.